Monday, November 24, 2008

Customer Service of MCB

Customer Service still needs a lot of improving in banking sector here. Take MCB for instance. Fed up of its rude service (the New Garden Town Branch, LHR), I've decided to switch to another bank. More than two times I've been mistreated; even though I was a regular customer. And I'm not alone. I've seen them behaving this way to a lot of other customers as well.
Hiring a helpdesk officer doesn't help if your staff is not well trained to talk to a customer. And its not the customer's fault if you're having a bad day. Never heard the phrase, "Customer is the king"? And it especially holds true for banks where customer service is a major ingredient.
I really hope MCB starts its training sessions soon. Otherwise they're going to lose a lot of customers like me.

5 comments:

Omer Farooq said...

As being part of the Banking industry I do know that how Customer Service Preventatives deal with the customers.

But there is also a solution to it. Which is …

That if any Bank representative misbehaves with you, or don't provide proper services.
Just make a complaint to State Bank regard that Employee.

Which will result that, The Bank will not be able to operate unless they do not get a written Letter from you, that you have forgiven them.

Asma Chang said...

Thanks for this valuable information. And how can one make complaint to the State Bank? Can it be done over email or you have to send a formal letter?

Noor Ali said...

Hello Asma

I'm glad that you understood the point so well. And thanks alot for using such kind words :)


Warm Regards

Noor Ali

Anonymous said...

I am MCB customer since 8 years, i faced a lot of behaviour problems from duty persons and i thought many times to leave this bank and shift my account to UBL or standard chartered, but due to my laziness nature i could'nt shift my account. Two days before i went to bank and deposited a check and filled a slip for new check, i surprised that they refused to issue and siad leave your slip here and come back tommorow when we will free than we will issue you check book thats very ridiculous i went to bank manager he also told me same thing to do it was also horrible so now i will sure to shift my bank..

Asma Chang said...

I've seen them behaving the same way with other customers. And I saw one customer leaving angrily, almost yelling yet they didnt seem bothered and carried on their work.